Introduction: Tocilizumab side effects. Tocilizumab injection is used alone or with other medicines to lessen the signs and indications of rheumatoid arthritis. It is a disease of joints in which joints get inflamed and have pain. The medicine helps to keep the joint damage from being worse than other medicines. It is called a monoclonal antibody.
Tocilizumab injection is used alone and sometimes with glucocorticoids. It is used to treat the inflammation of arteries. It is also used to treat the COVID-19 virus and lung infections. Here is the list of the side effects of the tocilizumab discussed, which will be helpful to you.
Tocilizumab is a medicine taken as an injection in the form of a solution to augment rheumatoid arthritis.is injected into the body through muscle or vein. It has common side effects, which are the burning of the stomach and throat. It produces the swallowing of arteries and blurred vision, sneezing and coughing. It causes chest pain and bloody urine. Let’s kno more Tocilizumab side effects
Side effects of tocilizumab
Tocilizumab is a helpful injection, but it has many side effects. Most of these side effects don’t occur, but a few occur in some people. It includes prescription and non-prescription, including herbal and vitamin supplements. There are the following common side effects.
More common side effects of tocilizumab
- · It may cause black and tarry stools.
- · It may cause bloody or cloudy urine formation.
- · It may affect blurred vision.
- · It also causes the body aches and pain.
- · It also causes chest pain and tightness.
- · It causes the common chills.
- · It produces a cough with or without mucus.
- · It causes diarrhoea.
- · It causes difficult, burning and painful urination.
- · Ear congestion
- · Dizziness
- · It causes difficulty breathing and swallowing.
- · It also causes a fast heartbeat and a feeling of warmth.
- · It causes pounding in the ears
- · It may also cause puffiness or swelling of the palpebra or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue.
- · Redness of the face, neck, arms, and upper chest.
- · It causes a slow or fast heartbeat.
- · Sneezing usually occurs.
- · Cause the sore throat and pain.
- · stomach pain and ulcers.
- · It also causes the stuffy or runny nose
- · It causes sudden sweating
- · It causes ulcers, sores, or white spots in the mouth
- · It causes unusual bleeding or bruising
- · It causes unusual tiredness or weakness
- · It causes fever
- · It causes the frequent urge to urinate
- · It causes the headache
- · It causes hives, itching, skin rash
- · It causes the loss of appetite
- · It causes the loss of consciousness
- · It causes the loss of voice
- · It causes lower back or side pain
- · It causes the nausea
- · It causes nervousness
- · It causes pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
- · It causes painful blisters on the trunk of the body
Less common side effects of tocilizumab
- Accumulation of pus may occur due to tocilizumab injection.
- It may cause anxiety and depression.
- It also causes bladder pain and swallowing.
- It may cause a burning feeling in the chest and stomach.
- It produces a sense of confusion.
- It produces dark urine formation.
- It decreases the height and weight of patients who take it.
- It causes decreased urine production.
- It causes difficulty moving and walking.
- It causes Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when it arises from a lying or sitting position.
- It causes the dry mouth and lips.
- It causes a fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse.
- It produced the feeling of hotness.
- It may cause a general feeling of discomfort or illness.
- It usually produced heartburn.
- It may also increase thirst.
- It causes the indigestion of food.
- It causes itching, pain, Redness, swelling, tenderness, or warmness on the skin at the injection site.
- It may produce joint pain and inflammation.
- It also causes the light-coloured stools.
- It causes a loss of appetite.
- Sometimes, it may bring mood changes.
- It produces muscle aches, pain, cramps, or stiffness.
- It causes numbness or tingling in the hands, feet, or lips.
- It produces pain in the back, ribs, arms, legs, groin, or genitals.
- It may create severe stomach pain.
- It can cause sharp back pain below the ribs.
- It produces the severing of the body and muscles.
- It sometimes produces the stomach upset.
- It usually causes sweating.
- It causes swollen, painful, or tender lymph nodes in the face, neck, armpit, or groin.
- It causes a swollen, red, or tender area of infection.
- It causes tenderness in the stomach area.
- It also causes trouble with sleeping.
- It causes unexplained runny nose or Sneezing.
- It causes vomiting feelings.
- It may cause yellow eyes and skin.
Rare side effects of the tocilizumab
- It causes the Belching.
- It rarely changes in skin colour.
- It causes coughing or spitting up blood.
- Sometimes, it may cause fainting.
- It causes gaseous stomach pain.
- It may cause lightheadedness.
- It may cause the neck pain.
- It also causes night sweats.
- It sometimes produces noisy breathing.
- It produces rapid, shallow breathing.
- Recurrent fever occurs in some people.
- It may cause red, tender, or oozing skin in the wounded area.
- It causes sudden high fever or low-grade fever for months.
- It causes swelling of the foot or leg.
- Weight loss usually occurs when this medicine is used.
- It causes the Blistering, peeling, and loosening of the skin.
- It causes the bloating.
- It causes the dilated neck veins
- It causes pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, radiating to the back.
- It causes red skin lesions, often with a purple centre.
- It causes the red, irritated eyes.
- It causes severe stomach pain, cramping, or burning.
- It produces the swelling of the face, fingers, feet, or lower legs.
- It may cause severe and continuous vomiting of material that looks like coffee grounds.
- Sometimes, weight gain occurs due to tocilizumab.
Some side effects that usually do not need medical attention to cure may occur. These side effects may disappear during treatment as the patient’s body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your doctor can tell you about methods to prevent some of these side effects.
Common side effects of tocilizumab
- It causes burning, dry, or itching eyes.
- It causes constipation and hard feces.
- It causes the discharge of excessive tearing.
- It causes the Redness, pain, or blister of the eye, eyelid, or internal border of the eyelash.
- It may bring the skin rash, encrusted, scaly, and oozing.
- It produces the swelling or inflammation of the mouth.
- Less common side effects of tocilizumab
- It causes Abnormal or decreased touch sensation.
- It causes bleeding or Redness and swelling of the gums.
- It causes blemishes on the skin.
- It causes a bloody eye.
- It causes the chapped, red, or swollen lips.
- It causes earache.
- It causes the feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings.
- It produces the irritation in the mouth.
- It may produce loose teeth.
- Sometimes, it causes persistent breath odor or a bad taste in your mouth.
- It may produce pimples on the face.
- It causes Redness or swelling in the ear.
- It causes scaling, Redness, BurningBurning, pain, or other signs of inflammation on the lips.
- It causes the sensation of spinning.
- It causes a sore mouth or tongue.
- It causes the white patches in the mouth or on the tongue.
Rare side but no reported side effects of the tocilizumab
- It may produce Bleeding after passing stool.
- It may cause blindness and blurry vision.
- It may cause a bloody nose and mucus.
- It causes the burning, numbness, tingling, or painful sensations.
- It causes a change in hearing.
- It causes ringing, buzzing, or other unexplained noises in the ears.
- It produces coughing or spitting up blood.
- It causes decreased vision or other vision changes.
- It causes a dry mouth.
- It produces ear drainage.
- It causes the flushed, dry skin.
- It produces a fruit-like breath odour.
- It produced hearing loss.
- It produces increased hunger, thirst, urination,
- It causes itching ears.
- It causes the uncomfortable swelling around the anus.
- It reduces unexplained weight loss.
- It may cause instability or awkwardness.
- It causes weakness in the arms, hands, legs, or feet.
What should you tell your doctor before you take this medication?
You have to tell your doctor if you have any one of the diseases before using the medicine.
If you have Cancer disease
If you have diabetes (high blood sugar)
If you are a heart patient
If you are facing hepatitis B
If you have a high blood pressure
If you have high cholesterol
When you have immune system problems
If you have an unusual or allergic reaction to tocilizumab, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
When you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant
When you are in a state of the breast-feeding
Bottom line: Tocilizumab side effects
Tocilizumab is a medicine used in the form of an injection. It has been used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis is the painful joint inflammation in which the joint gets inflamed and swollen. It has valuable effects in the case of arteries and arthritic joints, but it has many side effects that also affect your health.
Its typical side effects are a lot of pain, muscle pain, blurry vision, and sometimes blindness. It may cause the loss of hearing and sometimes stomach pain. It causes a painful stomach and mouth sensation. It causes noisy breathing and Sneezing. Thus, you have to be careful; you have to discuss it with your doctors and tell them about your condition.
This post is also available in: English